Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

2 Questions....(one is opinion)

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 Questions....(one is opinion)

Ok guys i beleive my stock clutch is starting to slip and i am lookin into a new clutch.... initially im leaning towards the spec III unless you guys persuade me otherwise......its on a Daily driver and i am looking to be able to spray 100-150 shot or so with my setup.... (anywhere from 450-500 rwhp) what are your guys opinions?

also are ls1 and lt1 clutches different? if so ...y?

Thanks for the input
Old 10-26-2005, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

I think you're on the right track with a SPEC 3 or equivalent. With all the success and horror stories of the aftermarket clutches it's hard to say which one ot buy.

I can't say all what's different on the LT-1 and LS1 clutches. I do know the input shaft on the LS1 trans was different so a totally different clutch is likely. Also I believe the LT cars had different hydraulics. I could be way off...I just don't have much experience with the LT-1 setup.

Last edited by Demon_Speeding; 10-26-2005 at 08:49 PM.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Demon_Speeding
I think you're on the right track with a SPEC 3 or equivalent. With all the success and horror stories of the aftermarket clutches it's hard to say which one ot buy.

I can't say all what's different on the LT-1 and LS1 clutches. I do know the input shaft on the LS1 trans was different so a totally different clutch is likely. Also I believe the LT cars had different hydraulics. I could be way off...I just don't have much experience with the LT-1 setup.

oh ok thanks...so they are different other than part numbers lol

one more question guys....how long do aftermarket clutches last?