Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

release point on spec 3 clutch

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 05:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default release point on spec 3 clutch

I just put my spec stage 3 in yesterday and i bled the ever lasting **** out of this clutch to get it to stay off the floor board and it finally built up pressure and felt ok just not used to how it feels . I have a diffrent release point then what i had before . It releases about 4 inches off the floorboard enough to put my foot under when before with a stock clutch it was about half way up . my question is is it becouse i had my flywheel resurfaced and didnt use a shim . I had purchased a shim a .020 shim and it wouldnt line up so i talked to a trans shop and said it wasnt needed all that would happen is that my release point will be diffrent is that seem about right . i dont have anyother problems at the moment it isnt sticking to the floor or chattering . does this sound normal or do i need to bleed some more or do i need to bed this clutch in before i feel a change?
Old 10-28-2005, 05:47 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well first of all it probably should have been shimmed, I didnt shim my Spec 3 but then again I got an adjustable master cylinder and that too kcare of the release and travel for the pedal. Second, it will improve after you really get it broken in. I just coped with mine for a long time before I got the adjustable master....best thing that I have ever done for my drivetrain by the way.

Be greatful that the SOB isnt sticking to the floor that is a bridge that you don't want to burn at all. And Chatter will come shortly into the break-in process....Don't worry

Hope this helped ya out some!
Old 10-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya it isnt sticking to the floor anymore just when i first was trying to build up pressure and get out the bubbles. i was gonna shim it but the one i ordered was the wrong one it wouldnt line up and i was tired of waiting for a damn shim so i put it in without .. ya it releases nicely but the only thing i noticed is that it releases alot farther down about 4 inches off floorboard but it has no room for play then what i had from stock not to worried about chatter with cutout open