Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Recall .... WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 01:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recall .... WTF???

ok took my 01 m6 to the track about 3 weeks ago, ran ok parked it got back in it to leve clutch wouldn't disenguage, thught ok 53K on car clutch might be bad limped it home ordered new clutch, mine seems to work ok next morning drive the car for about 2 wks waiting for fadanza FW from e-bay and stage3 spec, was told to get new slave while I was in it so I got that finaly get the trans out to do the job, turns out a bolt backed out of the slave cylinder got hung in the clutch/prssure plate assembly screwed my factoy clutch slave cylinder flyweel and starter, an when it freed up got stuck on the bottom of the pressure plate and bustsed like 3 holes in the bellhousing. went to chevy dealership to try to get new bolts and belhousing to put it all back togeather and the guy said somthing about there being recall on the assebly and he would have to order a new one .... has anyone heard of this recall and if not... BE CAREFUL this could heppen to you, no word yet on weather they are going to replace the bellhousing too ... 'll kep ya posted