Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch pedal stickin???

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch pedal stickin???

just wandering if any of u guys have experienced this....i have a stock clutch and close to 390rwhp.....the clutch isnt slippin or nothin and is showing no signs of giving out....but im 20yo so its a daily driver.....and it seems i can push in the pedal about an inch and half before the clutch starts to engage and when i release it....it some times gets stuck and pops back out .....just wandering what i could do about this....
Old 12-05-2005, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This sounds a little different than other people's problems but I would first try and bleed/flush your master cylinder. If that doesnt work its probably a warped pressure plate. Here are a few topics with similar problems(not quite the same but might help you). These post are about the clutch sticking to the floor.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/360230-digging-deeper-into-clutch-stuck-floor-problem.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/401266-clutch-sticking-floor-step-step-troubleshooting-hope-helps.html

-William

Last edited by SSDriver; 12-05-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

th pedal has like a return spring on it so it springs back up upon release. maybe its that?

But remember-- start with the most simple and then work your way up. True story, not about a clutch pedeal problem, but a problem nonetheless.... i

know this one guy i used to work with dumped sooo much money into his car cause' it wouldnt start up. spent like 700 bucks LOL turned out that he was out of gas!!!!

Last edited by 98TADRIVER; 12-06-2005 at 03:30 PM. Reason: o
Old 12-06-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the same problem man. it goes in fine but whn it comes out about a little less than an inch before its all the way out it gets stuck, then pops all the way out. it feels like the pedal itself is getting hinged on something, not like a problem with the clutch or transmission. doesnt seem like amny people have this problem and there is not much help for this. if you find a solution, please PM me. i will do the same. thanks!!

justin
Old 12-07-2005, 02:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

nokeman...sounds like your clutch pedal spring is getting hung up there. Look under your dash at your clutch pedal and push the pedal up and down and see if the spring is catching on anything.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:51 AM
On The Tree

My car did this for one day and one day only. Haven't experienced it again.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nokeman
i have the same problem man. it goes in fine but whn it comes out about a little less than an inch before its all the way out it gets stuck, then pops all the way out. it feels like the pedal itself is getting hinged on something, not like a problem with the clutch or transmission. doesnt seem like amny people have this problem and there is not much help for this. if you find a solution, please PM me. i will do the same. thanks!!

justin
yea thats exaclty what its doin
Old 12-08-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Resident

i havent looked under there yet....and i cant 2day its raining and like 35deg. outside.....but im gonna look and see if (like said already about the spring) if its gettin caught on somthing
Old 12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Teching In

Mine is stuck all the way. It got stuck a couple of times 2 months ago, but up until last week it was operating fine. The couple of times it was sticking, I'd kick it back and no obvious other problem signs. Now it won't return and the shop says the actuator is bad and that busted seals caused the fluid to get contaminated. I'm not so sure about all of that. How long would a typical shop take to replace a clutch? 5 hours? AAny help is appreciated.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal stickin???