Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drill mod

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drill mod

I've been having issues with my clutch recently. The pedal is sticking to the floor. On monday I'm going to put some fuel line around the clutch line to insulate and I wanted to do the drill mod as well. Just curious as to how long the drill mod should take/took you and if you have any tips they would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
Old 12-18-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

just did mine two days ago when I was replacing my master. The mod is easy and only took about a few seconds. Getting the master out to get to the line, well lets just say that you'll be cussing out the engineers for a good while. Oh yeah, I hope you don't like your hands or forearms much because their gonna get all cut to hell. I wish you luck.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i was putting in a new slave whenever i did mine, and with having problems drilling, it took about 10 mins to do. Just took the line off, drilled it out, and put it back in.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 67Ranger
i was putting in a new slave whenever i did mine, and with having problems drilling, it took about 10 mins to do. Just took the line off, drilled it out, and put it back in.
I hope you flushed it out or you have metal shavings in your whole hydraulic system. Rip that tranny back out to put a new TO bearing in it... that would suck.

-Alex
Old 12-19-2005, 02:24 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
I hope you flushed it out or you have metal shavings in your whole hydraulic system. Rip that tranny back out to put a new TO bearing in it... that would suck.

-Alex
Would bleeding it be flushing it out?
Old 12-19-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

you have to take the entire line off and use something like a turkey baster to push on the quick connect and flush the chips out the side you drilled. Check out install university under McCleod adjustable/ drill mod. It has good details and pics. If you flush through the closed system, you'll have lots of chips in the line and slave.

Quick Reply: Drill mod