Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch and syncros

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch and syncros

Well i jsut bought my 98SS a few weeks ago and after going through a nightmare with tires(thanks to some contractors in my apt's) my clutch has started slipping at WOT. i am broke as hell right now so a budget replacement is what im looking for. ona side note i think the syncros are out too so i am going to replace them while im in the tranny. any thoughts/recomendations is greatly apreceated.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mukyluk
Well i jsut bought my 98SS a few weeks ago and after going through a nightmare with tires(thanks to some contractors in my apt's) my clutch has started slipping at WOT. i am broke as hell right now so a budget replacement is what im looking for. ona side note i think the syncros are out too so i am going to replace them while im in the tranny. any thoughts/recomendations is greatly apreceated.
Well unless you know what you're doing in the tranny I don't know about replacing the synchros yourself but a good budget clutch that I've heard good things about is the Centerforce Dual Friction.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 AM
On The Tree

How bad is it slipping? You could always just refrain from going WOT until you can replace.