Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Update on " Help Please"

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Update on " Help Please"

Well I dropped the tranny and discovered the slave is just fine. But the center of clutch disk (where the input shaft goes and about 2 inch radius) ripped apart from the outer part where the friction material makes contact with the PP. The PP looks fine to me so the only thing I need to get is a new disk.
This also explains the vibration I had when I pushed the clutch in and also at speeds past 75-80 MPH, but when the tranny was in neutral no vibration. It was slowly comming apart and finally did when I speed shifted it the last time I drove it. SOOOO now my questions are...

The clutch has about 4,000 miles on it so I shouldn't need to get the Flywheel resurfaced (or buy a new one, I already resurfaced it once) as long as there is no blueing or pitting in it right?

I bought the Ram Powergrip (the one in between the RAM HD and the VDX) from Texas Speed, but I didn't see any clutch disks by themselves. Where can I get a new disk from by itself and also a good quality one? It doesn't have to be a RAM design does it? Can it be a Z06 disk or LS7 disk? When I reomoved the Z06 disk from the first swap I noticed it had a lot more material on it then the RAM disck, but I don't know if it was organic or a metallic/kevlar material. Anyone know?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Launching!

No thoughts anyone?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Launching!

So I have to ship my disk to Ram and wait for them to ship one back so I'm looking at 4 weeks probably before I can put the car back together. I guess I'll just have to wait as opposed to buying a disk or whole new clutch.

Quick Reply: Update on " Help Please"