Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

I'm new to all this so be gentle!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm new to all this so be gentle!

Alright i got my WS6 last year and raced it a bit. The only mod I have done to it is a SLP Loudmouth exhaust. I want to get into the headers and cam this year but first off everytime i race this car maybe 1 out of 3 runs i cannot shift it into 2nd or 3rd gear i gotta hop from 1st to 4th. I have the skip shift turned off at a local place called New Era Performance parts but for some odd reason i think it's still it. Do I need a new clutch? if so what should i be looking for and what's the benefits? i'm definitely going to race more this up comming year so keep that in mind please. And if you have any good advice on a cam let me know too! thanks again
AJ
Old 12-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you have a hydraulic problem. I did not catch the year of your car but if it is a 98-00, they are known for having slave problems. I changed mine out when New Era installed my clutch, flywheel, and master. Big difference. Mike also eliminated my skip shift and have had no problems, so i dought that is the problem. The problems you are having are similar to the ones i had in my car when the slave was stock, it did not want to change gears and had to try a few times before it got in. Try giving him a call and Im sure he can help ya out.