Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Wierd vibration from M6 tranny

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wierd vibration from M6 tranny

Whats up guys? I've got a wierd bearing like vibration coming my tranny. It seems like if I'm up to speed at more than 20 MPH in 2nd gear or higher when i press the clutch pedal in I can feel and hear a vibration traveling up through the shifter. It does this in every gear but only when the clutch pedal is pushed in, then when I start to engage the clutch the vibration goes away. The tranny was rebuilt under warranty about 30k Mi. ago by GM. The tranny shifts very well and just started doing this 2 days ago. I do however drag race and still have the factory clutch with absolutley no slippage. The car has 129k mi. and is soon due for a clutch. I'm thinking that the pilot bearing is failing because like I said the tranny was rebuilt not too long ago and shifts into every gear smoothly. At least I hope its not the tranny cuz the extended warranty is over. Please help. Thanks A Lot
Old 12-27-2005, 12:38 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your TO bearing is probably running out on you. Get a Ram Powergrip or a Spec series clutch, Just replace the bearing when you get it. Check your fluid as well.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have that exact same problem after a complete ZO6 clutch install and all new hydraulics. In the next couple weeks the shop will take it out and look at it under warranty. I think it might be a bent input shaft on the tranny for me or something.