Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Whats a good clutch ?

Old 01-02-2006, 05:30 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Whats a good clutch ?

The search button isnt working.... so i thought i would ask you guys what you reccomend? I have a 2000 z28 m6 i am not sure if it is stock or not it has 98k on it. it feels stock to me but i wouldnt know because this is my first manual. I want a some what stock feel on the pedal but somthing that wont slip for instance when i try and launch with this clucth it kinda just revs and slowly goes lol. I plan on doing a cam, long tubes.
Also what sucks is that you hear good and bad about the Spce 3 and some with the ram and the centerforce. any help would be greatly appreciated since i plan on buying one asap.
Thanks !

Last edited by minesfaster; 01-02-2006 at 05:32 AM. Reason: .
Old 01-02-2006, 06:42 AM
Teching In

After much deliberation I bought a Textralia clutch......nice stock feel to the pedal (perhaps a bit lighter), bites as hard as you like, will take serious amounts of HP, great "S curve" effect when pressing the pedal. Make sure you get it installed by someone competent, and make sure you use everything in the kit when installing it.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

get good hydraulics and go with a spec3,i had one with basically same mods as u intend to do and it performed great as a strip,street clutch,jmo
Old 01-02-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Regular

awesome thank you guys for the info... sprayinss do you still have the spec3 ? also i have a 2000 so i need to upgrade my hydros because i think mine are stock with 98k on them because it is stiff to shift into gears. where can i buy the new hydros ?

Search this Thread