Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What can it be?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What can it be?

My car drives fine when I am not beating up on it. Last night I got into it with an SRT4 and lost to the little bastard because I could not get it into 3rd. Pedal stays on the bottom. I have to literally pull it back up. I did the drill out mod when I replaced the stocker with a LS6 clutch. Also replaced the slave cylinder/ Never replaced the master cylinder though. I checked to see if the steel braided hose was too close to the header but it is not. This only happens when I get on the car racing. I cant even go to the track because i will be ok first and second but can never get it into third. What is going?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

I had similar issues then the synchro went out. Probably cause I kept racing it with this problem. Check the master. Disconnect the quick disconnect fitting and gently push on the pedal. should not move much. maybe a little at first and then get hard as hell dont push to hard you could blow a seal. second is you could be cooking your clutch. Check the torque on the pressure plate bolts. 54 ft lbs and use locktite. this also happened to me but didnt make the clutch pedal stick to the floor. Third I HAD to shield all the hydraulic lines. used fuel line as an insulator worked great. good luck.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:59 PM
TECH Addict

Bleed the air out of your hydraulics and see if the problem persists.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Thanks guys..