Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

pro 5.0 where do you buy this shifter for the ls1 camaro ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pro 5.0 where do you buy this shifter for the ls1 camaro ?

I cant find it anywhere and when i find them they say for a cobra with the t56 i want one for my ls1 ?
HELP !
Old 01-08-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.afterthoughtsauto.com Get the LSS too.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by blue01ta
www.afterthoughtsauto.com Get the LSS too.
just got mine a couple weeks ago from them. great service and speedy delivery. the 5.0 with LSS is an killer combo!
Old 01-09-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Regular

I am confused as to how some shifters are better then others. When i first got my car i was on ebay and i thought it would be best to buy it from ebay. SO i bought a slp shifter with a short stick and a leather hurst **** for like 140 shipped. if i would have know how much better the pro 50 i would have bought it. this just goes to show shop around before you buy UNLESS you really know what you're buying.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Regular

also the predator i noticed in your pics it said side molding does that mean you took it off ? if so do you have any before and after pics ? why did you take it of because it looks better ?
Old 01-09-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

well no shifter, (hurst, b&m, pro 5.0), is really better than the other. its all what you like the feel of better. i just got rid of my ripper for the 5.0 with LSS. i personally love how the 5.0 clicks into place rather than slides, like the b&m ripper. and with the lous short stick the feel is even better. try sveral shifters out before you buy one. yes, !side moldings and !ram air decals ment that i removed them. i used 3M wax and adheisive remover for everthing. i removed them because i like how smooth it makes the car look. it flows better to me. im going for a clean, smooth, simple look. pics-

before:

after:

Last edited by the predator; 01-09-2006 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:10 AM
12 Second Club

I will second the choice of th pro 5.0. I bought mine about a year ago I believe i got it from blue oval industries (about 150ish). Got a short stick and chopped another inand a half off that and it is perfect.

also the side moldings off give the car a much cleaner sleek look (in my opinion) did mine last summer only took a couple of hours.. Well worth it
Old 01-10-2006, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

http://lmperformance.com/
Old 01-10-2006, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

www.afterthoughtsauto.com
www.ws6store.com
www.lmperformance.com
www.lgmotorsports.com
and a few more carry them

The Predator- I have a silver WS6 also. I LOVE the car without the side moldings on it. But unfortunately I found out after I bought my car that it was in an accident and the entire driver side has been repainted. And worse off, the wrong color. So when they painted it they left the moldings on so now on my driver side i have this stripe of the stock color with a lighter silver around it. It looks soooo bad I need to do some rubbing compound or wet sanding to take care of it
Old 01-10-2006, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

FBodyPerformer

thanks for the compliment! sorry to hear about your TA. who did you buy it from? did you confront them? anything else damaged besides the drivers side? best of luck getting her patched up perfectly!

conrad

just noticed we have the exact same WS6- year, color, trans!

Last edited by the predator; 01-10-2006 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

Bought it through Carmax. I thought they were suppose to tell you if the car was in any type of accident, but I guess its only if its in a major accident. Really pisses me off that they hid that. I had suspected it b/c over the driver side wheel well there is a really rough spot where they didnt sand it down properly and it caused the clear coat to sink into the rough paint. But when you look at the car with light shining on it, the front quarter, door, and rear quarter panels are all different colors. I hate looking at it When I pulled off the moldings is when I was able to really see the damage. I got a free carfax a week or 2 ago and it listed it was in a collision in NC. So that confirms it.

I was never a fan of silver till I bought this car, Now I think its one of the best looking colors there is. Not to mention our exact car is 1 of 613 Silver (paint code 13U) WS6, T-tops, M6. 3rd rarest color of the year. Be proud to have it Hows yours ride?

Sorry for the thread hijack lol
Old 01-12-2006, 11:37 PM
TECH Resident

man i proud as hell to have mine! i cant complain about her one bit, just waiting to purchase heads and a cam as soon as i save a little more money. college is tearing my bank account apart. man that is weird, i purchased my ws6 at carmax in houston with 2,836 miles on her. i almost got an 02 silver SS at a caddy dealership but it had 40,xxx miles on her and she also was an A4. my old C5 was an A4, so this time i wanted an M6. plus i think the WS6 looks more aggressive. i just wanted a 2002 SS or WS6 in an M6 with low milage. i wasnt going to be to picky. im sorry carmax did that to you, i thought i could trust them fairly well. silver wasnt my first color of choice, i really wanted the sunset orange but silver is definately an extrmely close second!

good luck with the TA! ,
conrad

Last edited by the predator; 01-12-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

do you have any pics of your WS6 so we can compare FBodyPerformer?

sorry for the hijack.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:19 AM
TECH Resident

Bought mine from TTPerformance

Quick Reply: pro 5.0 where do you buy this shifter for the ls1 camaro ?