Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Hydraulic clutch booster rod movement??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 Hydraulic clutch booster rod movement??

Hello!

I am working on my clutch pedal and building a custom bracket for T56 clutch booster. Since my clutch pedal travel is greater than actual piston movement in booster cylinder, is it nesessary at piston should go bottom when clutch pedal is pressed to the floor ? I am building adjustable pedal stop so i can limit the pedal movement easily. Should i just press the pedal until clutch is released and limit the pedal to that point Or shuld i limit it when the piston in booster hits the bottom?

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

By booster I am assuming you are talking about the master cylinder.

You want to build your setup so that you get full travel of the master cylinder piston. Then you want to install an adjustable pedal stop so that you can limit the travel of the pedal if you have to. Every clutch is a little different and requires different release travel. It is not good to overtravel the clutch so that is the reason for the adjustable pedal stop.

Andrew
Old 01-09-2006, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Andrew!

Yes you got it right. I ment master cylinder. Yes my system is totally adjustable. You mean i need to stop piston travel little bit until it bottoms,even it releases clutch sooner ?
Old 01-09-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

You need to have the ability to limit pedal (piston) travel so that you do not over travel the TOB, which in turn can overtravel the clutch.

So once everything is installed you will set your pedal stop in such a way that the clutch is released and the pedal cannot travel past that point.

Andrew