Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 11:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Angry Clutch Problems...

I've searched high and low to find out what cause's my clutch to stick to the floor after WOT. I've heard it could be the pressure plate, or the most common responce is "do the drill mod..." Im curious if anybody else has had this problem, and what you did to fix it. I don't know if it is the clutch itself, or the hydraulics or what... Basicaly the problem occurs anytime the motor hits say 5k. It happens with the clutch pushed in, like reving the motor, and it happens when you've got it in gear, clutch out, WOT. After it hits 5 grand, and I shift to the next gear, the clutch will stay on the floor or very close too... So, I have to reach around the back of the pedal, pull it back, and pump it a few times to get it to return to normal... So, anybody know what the deal is? Thanks a bunch!
Old 01-29-2006, 03:45 PM
12 Second Club

Is it only me this happens to? Anybody with any advise would be appreciated... Im going to mighty vac the clutch fluid out, and put new fluid back in and see if that will help... If not im going to get a new master cylinder.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had that problem until i replaced my master with a mccloud(and dont get a ram adj. master, its a stock master with the rod threaded..its junk) and get an 01 or 02 slave cyl. do some searches in the manual trans section here, and type in "pedal stock to the floor" and type in "crash pedal" the mccloud adj. master is worth all 300 bucks...well worth it....hope this helps man
Old 01-30-2006, 01:41 AM
12 Second Club

it happend to me on my stock clutch after I started spraying! it was fine until the nitrous!

I replace the clutch with a spec stage 3 and have not had any problems since (15k miles later), stock fly wheel and all the same hydraulics! the problem is the stock clutch after it gets a little worn, it starts to slip under heavy load which causes excess heat from the pressure plate and clutch disc trying to hold the flywheel, which in turn boils the fluid in the slave cyl....crashed pedal! get a better and stronger clutch and you won't have that problem anymore!
Old 01-30-2006, 01:47 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah same for me when I had the stock clutch in the 00 SS.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:21 AM
12 Second Club

Forget it... Im going to order everything. I'll have a nice setup and wont have to worry about it. I posted this on 2 different forums and got mixed oppinions on both. I really don't want to chase the problem, and if parts are starting to go now then they will break later so I'll just spend the money and get it over with. Thanks for the advise.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Launching!

well look at it this way... if you order all good stuff, your going to eventually buy it anyway, and your going to get rid of the headaches and problems.....i just dropped a grand when i had your prob a few years ago
Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 PM
Launching!

the same thing is going on w/ my clutch. Im getting a z06 clutch... might as well. Or a friend of mine said it could be the transmission mount. make sense???
Old 02-09-2006, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

I've had a very similar problem. Clutch stuck to the floor on a 1/4 mile pass. It hasn't done it since then. I've been trying to figure out the problem myself. Eventually I'll replace it with an LS6 friction disc/pressure plate and updated slave/master cylinder. My SS has 52K on it, but the clutch still holds great.

GM did a pretty crappy job with the F-Body's if you ask me. Everything but the engine/trans on these cars are cheaply built. I wonder if Mustangs are this bad.