Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just installed a SPEC II problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed a SPEC II problems!!!

Just installed a SPEC II Clutch in the 00 SS. It had about a 500 mile break in from a T/A. I replaced the throw out berring and the slave as well. Now the problem is, it is a pain in the *** to shift the gears, very hard to shift. I have reblead the system and nothing. I have also noticed that when I push in the clutch and put it in 1st gear and just let the car roll.....with my foot still on the pedal, alot of vibration is coming from the clutch and gets worse then stops. The vibration is also there when I release the clutch pedal just abit to let the car start off in 1st.
So Far I have heard that it must be the flywheel, and others are telling me that I need to do a Bench Bleed of the Master Cylinder and that I might have to replace the Master Cylinder as well. Another guy was telling me that I should have them install a slave cylinder shim???WTF is that? Please anyone that has an idea help me out on this one. Im about to just say screw it and have to break down and spend more for another clutch.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep it sounds like you need the shim behind the slave. My last SPEC II came with a thick piece of gasket material, now I think they have gone to a metal piec.
I had the same problem with out the shim. Installed the shim and it helped out quite a bit. But there was still a slight problem with engagement. Turned out to be a damaged disc from shipping. Was able to tell this by hot spots on the FW & PP. Spec had no problems with this and sent me a completely new setup.

The shim is installed between the slave and the trans, which will give your more throw on the throw out bearing, sounds like this is what you need.
Old 01-30-2006, 01:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks a million!