Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch problem maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problem maybe?

i have camaro with a t56 that has 67000 miles i bought it used and i asumme it still is stock.anyway the other day this guy was burnning through an intersection so i thought id have a little fun to and spin the wheels to.well after i did a nice long burn out i tried to shift to second and when i did there was almost no clutch pressure and i could barly shift at all.i pulled in to a lot and let it set for awhile and then everything was back to normal so i wanted to no wat u guy thought might be wrong.since i bought it i never thought it sshifted quit right always seem to shift to hard to me.thanx for any info
Old 02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
wrencher

Yep, sounds like a stock clutch to me.
Replace it all IMO & be done w/ it. Clutch & hydraulics. It will get worse doing this with 'spirted' driving. You can drive it fine now, just plan on spending some $$ in the future.
Old 02-15-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

where do you go about buying the new hydralics? i heard I need the 01+ hydralics??
Old 02-15-2006, 11:58 PM
wrencher

Get the slave from GM they are all the updated version. The master you can get a stocker or you can get an adjustable one, look at the sponsors sites most offer something in this dept.>>>>>>>