Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do I need to bleed if I did this... Also Adjustable Master ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Do I need to bleed if I did this... Also Adjustable Master ?'s

I took my old adjustable Master Cylinder and took off the adjustable rod. It looks like all it is, is a stock rod with an adjustable end welded to it. Is that what a mccleod looks like? While I took off the master Cylinder stock rod off the one in the car (while it was still in the car) it popped off and it leaked some fluid. Like 2 tea spoons of fluid. I pressed it back down with the adjustable one and reinstalled. I have no leaks after driving around town. Do I need to bleed the system now? Also I got my Adj Rod set to the shortest pedal travel. Its a lil harder to get into the gears but as soon as I start releasing the clutch it grabs. Should I back it out some?
Old 02-17-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of things, If you removed just the boot and fluid came out, on the end where the rod goes in, then the master needs to be replaced. If you removed the clip under it and removed the piston with the seals then the seals may be backwards or cut now and you wont get full flow of the master or leak by also could happen.

If all went back together with no issues then yes you need to bleed the system no matter what.