Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Remote Slave Cylinder Bleeder available for FBodies

Old 02-18-2006, 11:26 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Remote Slave Cylinder Bleeder available for FBodies

This is an attempt to make the lives of Fbody owners a little easier. I couldn't stand the bleeding headaches. Here's a solution:

http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?act=ST&f=13&t=6879

Parts consist of:

* Adapter at slave end to properly screw into the slave;
* 36 inch long Earl's braided stainless steel hose;
* Adapter at outlet end to accept an Earls Solo Bleeder;
* The Earls Solo Bleeder;
* An Adel clamp to secure it somewhere (use a bolt or pop rivet.)
* A nice rubber cap to keep the bleeder clean!

With the Earls Solo Bleeder, it can be a one man operation! Certainly very easy. Just do it from under the hood. No need to jack the car. Very easy.

PM or Email me: bicycle55 (at) suscom.net

They've been out for several weeks and many have obtained and installed them. $75. Makes for a quick method to bleed and even change the fluid when necessary.

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 05-19-2006 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

how much is the shipping to 94560
Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM
Launching!

I send everything USPS. Padded envelope, delivery confirmation & etc. $4.50
Old 02-18-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

do you have any pics?? How do you take payment??
Old 02-18-2006, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

thats awesome! Ill be looking to get one. How hard is it to hook this kit up? Do you have to drop the tranny to hook up the slave cylinder end?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Launching!

Here is a link for some pictures. It was of the first one. Still looks the same.

http://frrax.com/rrforum/index.php?a...87&hl=bleeder&

Paypal bicycle55 (at) suscom.net will do it.

FBodyPerformer: The entire Trans must be removed to install this bleeder onto the Slave Cylinder.

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 02-18-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, looks nice! Will that work on a C5?
Old 02-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Launching!

Do you want to buy one for the Corvette?
Originally Posted by Mike94ZLT1
Damn, looks nice! Will that work on a C5?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve-d
Do you want to buy one for the Corvette?

yes I've got my driveline out and I'm not looking forward to bleeding the stocker. What's the $damage for one?
Old 02-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Hello,

Unfortunately, I cannot guarantee my unit will fit flawlessly in a C5 (see title of the thread.)

I'm certain the thread pattern is the same, but whether the physical dimensions will allow mine to properly fit in a C5, I cannot say. During my development stage of this item, I ran across Carolina Clutch who offered one for the C5. They couldn't guarantee it'd fit for the FBody. That led to me developing my own.

http://www.carolinaclutch.com/Corvette%20Hyd.htm

Notice the 90* angle for the bleeder as it exits the slave. For whatever reason, they deemed it advisable (necessary?) to have such a bend for the C5 set-up. It probably won't fit for the FBody.

That said, get one from Carolina Clutch. It'll fit. I don't have the time to develop one for the C5, especially since one exists.

Steve

yes I've got my driveline out and I'm not looking forward to bleeding the stocker. What's the $damage for one?
Old 02-19-2006, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah the slave cylinder is in a goofy spot on the C5, it mounts on the torque tube and is way up inside the trans tunnel, hence the need for the bend.
Old 02-19-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will likely order one of these right away.Its too bad can't figure out how to get it installed without pulling tranny but they put the slave in a retarded place.The lt1 has sweet external slave 2 minutes to change out.Why gm put the thing inside the tranny is beyond me.At least have an access plate.Actually maybe could cut the tranny case up a bit and put one in there?

So how do you bleed the clutch with your line.Can you explain bleed procedure and why would I want the longer line can you explain the reasons for that too.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:07 PM
Launching!

Order one with PayPal to bicycle55 (at) suscom.net.

As noted the prices are:
now $75

add $4.50 for mailing costs

The extra length of the bleeder (35 or 36 inches) gives you the ease of not having the bleeder in a cramped place. It is an Earls Solo bleeder. Just crack it and pump the pedal. It pushes the fluid and air out. It really is very magical.

The long one allows you to approach it from the fender well.

Steve

Last edited by steve-d; 05-19-2006 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you were to make some with the bend for C5's I guarantee you'd sell a bunch on CorvetteForum!
Old 02-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Launching!

NO.

Why take the thunder from Carolina Clutch?????????? I'm just trying to fill a need after creating a workable version for my FBody.

They spent the time and effort in coming up with a workable version with the needed bend.

Why reinvent the wheel. Just order one from them for your C5 if you're interested in installing one.

Steve

If you were to make some with the bend for C5's I guarantee you'd sell a bunch on CorvetteForum!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve-d
NO.

Why take the thunder from Carolina Clutch?????????? I'm just trying to fill a need after creating a workable version for my FBody.

They spent the time and effort in coming up with a workable version with the needed bend.

Why reinvent the wheel. Just order one from them for your C5 if you're interested in installing one.

Steve

Sir, you just gained 1,000,000 respect points. I didn't think of that, but now that you mention it it's a great point. My hat is off to you!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

This is a great idea! Steve I have a couple of questions though.

I guess I assumed that stock C5 slaves were the same as F-Body slaves, but are they?

The picture of the Master Cylinder line and bleeder line being extended with 90* angles, I'm guessing those are specific for Vettes? I really don't see how that would work for an F-Body.

Does your F-Body kit only modifiy the bleeder line? If not, can you explain the advantage of extending the MC line?

So assuming your kit only mods the bleeder line, $45 is for the basic kit, and add 22 to extend it to 35 inches? Could you extend it even further? I'm thinking it would be beneficial if I could extend the bleeder valve all the way up to the resevior. It could run right next to the MC line behind the header heat shield, under the steering, and then under the brake booster. Do you think 35" will make it that far?

My thinking on that is you could hook up a little rubber J tube and then just dump the bleeder right back into the resevior. You wouldn't even have to worry about refilling it! Just crack the valve, put on the J tube, pump the pedal ten or so times, and you're done!

Really a great idea here Steve.

Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Hi Mike,

The one with the 90* bend is C5 specific. I don't offer it and it is a picture from Carolina Clutch. Anyone interested in a C5 bleeder line should contact them.

This extended bleeder line replaces the extended metal bleeder supplied with the OE slave. Requires trans removal. Do this mod when replacing the clutch.

This modification is applicable for F Bodies only and incorporates the bleeder line only. It doesn't have anything to do with the clutch master cylinder line.

One could extend this into the trunk area if so inclined! Seriously, though an extended line is helpful in getting to the Earls Solo bleeder. It makes it a one man job. Crack the bleeder slightly, pump several times, tighten the bleeder, secure the line.

Let me know.

Steve
Old 03-07-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

This almost makes me want to hold off on switching to an automatic...Very good idea and a great price.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got mine from Steve promply.It looks good no complaints.Its too bad its still necessary it looks like to take the tranny apart to get it on the slave .I am almost tempted to cut an access hole in the tranny as its so darn annoying to get at the slave.Why they couldn't stay with external lt1 style slave is beyond me but thats gm for you!!
This piece should make bleeding simple.Should be testing it out in next month or so.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote Slave Cylinder Bleeder available for FBodies