Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Will I need a new fly wheel???

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 03:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I need a new fly wheel???

I just purchased a new Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch for my 01 WS6. The car is full bolt-on modified. I got the clutch because my stock one was slipping. Do I have to get a new fly wheel as well or will the stock one still be good?
Old 02-18-2006, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

If I do need a new flywheel, I'm thinking of going with the SLP steel Billet flywheel. Anybody have any experience with this one?
Old 02-18-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check out the SPEC billet from one of the sponsors like Thunder Racing. I would not buy anything from SLP since they are fking with a guy on this site over a bad engine.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

I just installed my new cf df also. if youve gone this route (centerforce) then I would greatly recommend going with the steel flywheel from centerforce also. I did and they are matched awesome, hook up is great , give it about 500 or so miles of easy half throttle driving to seat the two and then let her rip i was more than impressed with the both (clutch and flywheel)
Old 02-19-2006, 05:29 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdsz
Check out the SPEC billet from one of the sponsors like Thunder Racing. I would not buy anything from SLP since they are fking with a guy on this site over a bad engine.
totally what he said. SuckLP will never get my business. not even for an air lid.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:48 AM
On The Tree

Cool, I'm going to go with a Centerforce flywheel then. I bought the clutch from WS6store but they didn't have CF flywheels. Where can I get one? BTW Screaminbird, does the Centerforce DF clutch set come with all I need for install? throw out bearing, PP...etc.??