Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Upgrading clutch, need some help ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 11:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Upgrading clutch, need some help ASAP

I'm planning on installing a new clutch (Spec Stage 4 with an LS6 flywheel) a week from today. I have desperately been trying to figure out what else to upgrade, but I really haven't found any solid answers, so I figured I'd just post here.

My car is a 2000 Z28. What should I plan on upgrading? Both master and slave cylinders? Or just one or the other? Also, where could I go to get them and have FAST shipping? I need to have everything by a week from today. Also, I should plan on doing the drill mod, right?

I'm really sorry about my ignorance. I have browsed through some old posts (via the search button) and seen some suggestions, but I haven't been able to find anything concrete.

Links to sponsors who ship FAST would be great! Thanks!
Old 02-19-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Resident

speedinc is fast
Old 02-19-2006, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Bump- looking for some advice/information ASAP. Thanks.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:14 PM
TECH Addict

You should upgrade the master and slave cylinder to 02+ hydrolics. the 98-00 have a problem and will most likely fail due the the added pressure. Besides that you really dont need anything else b/c the spec clutches come with the pilot bearing and pressure plate
Old 02-19-2006, 06:39 PM
9 Second Club

If your concerned about upgrading your clutch system, this what you need to do or get:
1. 02' throwout bearing and slave cylinder assembly
2. adjustable master cylinder
3. line mod or buy a modded line
4. pilot bearing
5. new flywheel bolts (if you want to be super safe) some will say the stockers are fine, i've done it both ways
6. And since you are using a spec clutch they are gonna recommend you us their spacer behind the slave cylinder, so get longer bolts that will work with the spacer (theres not that much threads to start with and they are quick to strip out if not careful).

After all that you should have everything you need to do the clutch. And don't forget the locktite.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:52 PM
On The Tree

Depending on how much power your making, you'll also want to consider a upgrading the rear end if you haven't already. We could also get you the parts you looking for quickly if you need.