Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

replaced master car is still wont go in gear.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced master car is still wont go in gear.

ok, well i replaced the master cylinder since i couldnt put the car in gear at idle. well that didnt work. Im able to drive the car if i start it in first and it drives just fine after that. Im getting the slave replaced tomorrow. if that doesnt fix it, any ideas what else it could be?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:11 AM
Teching In

i am having the same problem like my 6th gear grinds when i am cruising around town but on the expressway it goes in fine and sometimes it is like impossible to put into gear i have no idea what this is if someone can help me out aswell that would be awesome!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ninobrn99
ok, well i replaced the master cylinder since i couldnt put the car in gear at idle. well that didnt work. Im able to drive the car if i start it in first and it drives just fine after that. Im getting the slave replaced tomorrow. if that doesnt fix it, any ideas what else it could be?
Do you have any vibration problems when this happened? its possable that you may have some loose bolts on the PP and you dont have full disengagement. You will know that when you replace the slave tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99LSGUN
i am having the same problem like my 6th gear grinds when i am cruising around town but on the expressway it goes in fine and sometimes it is like impossible to put into gear i have no idea what this is if someone can help me out aswell that would be awesome!!!
Your prob sounds like you have worn parts or possably bent shift fork. I would tear it down and take a look see. How many miles on it?
Old 02-25-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

a bent shift fork on 1st and reverse? the car has 46k.
Old 02-25-2006, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

same problem here its the ram clutch did you shim it? did you use a upgraded slave cylinder?
Old 02-25-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by underatedT/A
same problem here its the ram clutch did you shim it? did you use a upgraded slave cylinder?
I have the ram clutch, stock slave, and stock master made adjustable and have no probs that I had to shim.
Old 02-25-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Addict

no, i didnt shim it. its been in the car for about 2-3k. it should've done that a long time ago if it was cause of the shim. im using a stock slave, nothing special. ill find out later today or monday. if worse comes to worse and i need a new clutch i may try the centerforce or the ls7/ls2 combo