Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Any Downsides to Textralia???

Old 02-26-2006, 12:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Downsides to Textralia???

I've heard nothing negative about Textralia clutch kits. I am ordering a clutch this Monday for sure and I want to know if there are any problems with Tex clutches. I know they haven't been around for that long so what concerns me is the fact that there aren't any out there with a whole lot of miles on them. I need the cons as well as the pros before I make a purchase like this so if anyone has heard or experienced anything negative with Tex clutches, please let me know. Private message me if you'd like.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BirdofPreyBandit
I've heard nothing negative about Textralia clutch kits. I am ordering a clutch this Monday for sure and I want to know if there are any problems with Tex clutches. I know they haven't been around for that long so what concerns me is the fact that there aren't any out there with a whole lot of miles on them. I need the cons as well as the pros before I make a purchase like this so if anyone has heard or experienced anything negative with Tex clutches, please let me know. Private message me if you'd like.
yes,

it blew my rear

grabs like a *****.
little chatter for 200 miles
then completely non existant
easy pedal
easy to modulate on cammed car that requires a lil finess from stop
gonna abuse it with about 700+lbs this summer

thats all
worth every penney

oh, and customer service is
Old 02-26-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya what he said ^^^^^^ i love mine
Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

The cost Those ****'s are expensvie!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

low engagement point maybe? But i think mine just needs to be bled a little better...
Old 02-26-2006, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cost. If I only could afford one
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
10 Second Club

I've heard about that low engagement. Isn't there a way to adjust that?
Old 02-26-2006, 11:36 PM
10 Second Club

Mines on the way, I'll let you know when it's installed
Old 02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am seriously thinking of one but can't decide on which flywheel for my turbo plans.Light flywheels are supposed to spool up turbo cars better as car revs quicker.I did order a light one for my big turbo talon recently but dont have car running just yet to see what its like.
I also bought one of those stainless line kits that go off slave with speed bleeder.That should take care of any clutch bleeding problems that these cars are famous for.
The textralia sounds perfect to me.Low pedal pressure, no chatter after break in or very minor and ability to handle big power.
Only other choice to me is the ls7 clutch but the ls6 was pretty much hype.The ls7 might be great but will take quite a bit of months of track use this season to convince me and need to get my car up and running asap this spring.
Old 02-28-2006, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
The cost Those ****'s are expensvie!
ftw

I'll probably go Ls7 for my h/c combo because those tex's are le expensive :/
Old 03-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Grabs hard. No slippage and a light pedal feel.

It does require a little more skill to engage smoothly than the stock clutch. Not quite as forgiving as the stocker. This is because it allows less slip. Will chatter somewhat if you don't engage it smoothly.

Also, when it is cold out and I haven't been beating on it much, it will start to make noises when slowly engaging from a stop. Pete told me this happens sometimes and a cure is to slowly start in 3rd gear to clean off the pressure surfaces. Seems to work.

I really love this clutch. As with any high HP aftermarket you'll give up a little forgiveness (read "slippage") but it is well worth the performance!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Got mine coming in, along with 4.10s, pretty soon. Waiting on a shipment from Aussie-land to Rapid so I can get things installed Price wasn't really a factor, since the little added cost of the Textralia is much less than the combined loss of taking time off work, gas, and getting a new install date set up if the Spec failed. While I'm sure most of the cases of damaged Spec clutches are due to poor install/improper break-in/improper clutch technique leading to premature failure, it seems hit and miss with the experienced guys who run Specs. I'm just not in a position to take any chances like that, and Textralia's customer service has really impressed me. Not a hard choice. The bang for the buck argument doesn't appeal to me either (at least, not in the case of major driveline components), so it made the decision even easier.

Hopefully - and I don't doubt they will - my expectations will be well met with this clutch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any Downsides to Textralia???