Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Beware McLeod Bellhousing owners!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Beware McLeod Bellhousing owners!!!

I have had problems getting my clutch bled right, so naturally I have spent a lot of time bleeding it (which means a lot of fluid). Well, there is no outlet for the fluid that goes into the bellhousing. I just pulled my clutch out and it had brake fluid all over it. You might want to drill a drain hole, or jack the back of the car way up for a while to see if it will seep out of the crack where it meets the back of the oil pan.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:37 PM
10 Second Club + 14 Second Truck Club

i have a mclead bellhousing, how about just bench bleed the whole setup. i have had my trans in and out of the car at least 5 times and never had to bleed it on the car. just make sure it's blead right and plug it back in.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by antz01ta
i have a mclead bellhousing, how about just bench bleed the whole setup. i have had my trans in and out of the car at least 5 times and never had to bleed it on the car. just make sure it's blead right and plug it back in.

I did that few times when I had the tranny out and replaced the slave, but it did not always work and I had to bleed it on the car.

I also realized my slave was bad, so this only added more fluid. Either way it goes, if there is no way for the fluid to get out, it will get all over your clutch like it did mine.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just bought a slave bleeder extension and will be installing it this week. Steve d makes and sells them on this site. It is a real quality piece.