Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch woes...Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 02:13 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch woes...Need some help

Ok, my clutch works normal until I get on it, then it stays at the floor. I have bleed it a couple times. It has a new slave. Does this sound like the master might be going out? The pedal pressure returns after 20-30 seconds.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:47 PM
TECH Resident

man ive been reading this problem alot lately and i have the issue in my car exactly the same, but i havent seen one person give a sure awnser how to fix it
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rgaynor85
man ive been reading this problem alot lately and i have the issue in my car exactly the same, but i havent seen one person give a sure awnser how to fix it
Me neither!
Old 03-29-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

I thought that the problem was my fluid boiling off so I wrapped the line in a heat shield, but still the same problem.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Resident

I just found this writeup on how to make the stock master into an adjustable master. I think Im going to give it a try. https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/317767-stock-adjustable-master-cylinder-writeup.html Has anybody else done this?
Old 03-30-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgaynor85
I've posted several times how to fix this. Even in one of your threads. This is what I said:

I've finally fixed this and it was by doing the following:

1) 01 slave (bled clutch) - didn't fix it
2) Ram Adjustable Master Cylinder (set to stock length) and drill mod - didn't fix it
3) Bench bled - didn't fix it
4) Bled whole thing again - didn't fix it
5) Adjusted Master Cylinder to be a little less than a 1/4 inch closer than stock to the engine (shorter). - made it worse
6) Adjusted Master Cylinder to be about 1/8 inch closer than stock to the rear of the car (longer). FIXED IT FINALLY

*the key for me was the Adjustable Master Cylinder and making it a little bit longer than stock. Note I still have my stock clutch.

Basically, just get or make an adjustable master cylinder and make it about 1/8 inch closer to the driver (Longer than the stock length)