Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Possible master fix w.o a lift/jack?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible master fix w.o a lift/jack?

I need to pull the master and do the drill mod while Im at it. My fluid is black. Is it possible to do with out raising the car at all?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:30 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It depends. To remove it completely requires you to disconect it from the slave cylinder which is attatched to the transmission which is impossible to get to from the top. It's not difficult to get to from the bottom so a simple jack and jack-stand will work fine.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to say no. To do it right, you need to be able to flush the tube after the drill mod, or else you stand a chance of leaving shavings in the tube. That requires removal of the tube.

If you want to chance it though, yes, it can all be done without jacking the car up. The master can be removed with a little effort. The line can be disconnected from the master (hey, I didn't say it was easy). Then do the drill mod with grease on the drill bit to retain shavings. Then put it all back together. Peel back the carpet and drill a 1/2" hole in your floor near the gas pedal (heh, up to you to guess the right spot I did it on mine tho), and you can bleed the clutch by yourself without crawling under the car.

Possible? Yes.

Easy... well, it's easier to jack the car up.