Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Promlems....

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 04:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Promlems....

Alright so I go outside and I pump my pedal 20 times and leave it on the floor...I have my dad open the bleed valve and a little air went out so I pump it 20 more times and this time only fluid comes out but I have no pressure, what is going on here?!?!?!?
Old 04-12-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Resident

any fluid leaking? Also try a search there is plenty of info on this.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

This happened to me when we recently put in my SPEC stage 3, '01-02 hydaulics, McLeod Adj master, with drill mod. We had to go to autozone, buy some 3/8inch transmission hose and power bleed the line. My buddy put a small funnel on the one end and held it as high as he could, while I coordinated pumping the clutch 2-3 times with each time my other boy under the car opened the bleeder valve. After a few times of doing this, I had clutch pressure and we were done. The weird thing was that before we did this, I was pumping the clutch and fluid was pumping out the line as it should, but the clutch pedal would not return to me. We couldn't figure out what was going on, because we swore that we bled the clutch very well....especially since we were doing this for about 20 min. After we used the power bleeding method everything was okay. You've got to really, really, really be sure to bleed ALL of the air out of the line or you will have issues. Good luck.