Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mcleod>all others

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mcleod>all others

Ive never tired out any SPECs or RAMs, so Im just kidding about the Mcleod>all others.....but heres proof that Mcleods DO work.

40,000 miles on this thing. Just a regular single disk kevlar clutch. This past friday it decided that it wasnt going to play nice with my 12bolt. On my second launch of the day, the gears went BOOM

Out with the 4.33s...in with something different. Glad to see the clutch isnt the weak point yet
Old 04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

I heard about it arron, too bad. Got to capitol late last fri. A friend has the mcloud and the engagement takes getting used to, but he has many miles on it, and around 10-15 drag passes. Holds very well........enough to snap the stock driveshaft. One of the best street/strip imo.

You going to keep 4.33's?

banks
Old 04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, thats for info, I believe they are great setups glad it is working for you. I have not had any issues with my spec but to each his own. now find that weak link and take care of it!!. Good luck with it.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by banks01ws6
You going to keep 4.33's?

banks
yeah
Old 04-18-2006, 02:23 PM
9 Second Club

Glad to see that someone is having some luck with mcloed. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the one I bought and still think the clutch and the custumer service sucks.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:43 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've got a single disc Mcleod kevlar as well and love it. It's been in the car for about three years now and works flawlessly. I recently rebuilt the transmission and had a chance to inspect it. Everything looked great, with consistent wear patterns all around.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
I've got a single disc Mcleod kevlar as well and love it. It's been in the car for about three years now and works flawlessly. I recently rebuilt the transmission and had a chance to inspect it. Everything looked great, with consistent wear patterns all around.
if you could estimate, how much % would you say is worn? anywhere close to needed the pads replaced?

mine has been in for 4 years/40,000 miles, and it sitll grabs hard enough to break 12bolt gears....but it'd nice to know about how far worn down it is.

Last edited by RaNsOm; 04-18-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

I tried 2 months to get Red on the phone to ask some application specific questions regarding the Street Twin and never got in. Red apparently doesn't use email either. I finally just gave up and called Ram. Wow, what a contrast. Clutch arrived in 3 days and I think I ended up with something more appropriate for my combination. I'm happy that you're happy with your choice. I was just extremely frustrated at the experience.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:56 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by andereck
I tried 2 months to get Red on the phone to ask some application specific questions regarding the Street Twin and never got in. Red apparently doesn't use email either. I finally just gave up and called Ram. Wow, what a contrast. Clutch arrived in 3 days and I think I ended up with something more appropriate for my combination. I'm happy that you're happy with your choice. I was just extremely frustrated at the experience.
im very sorry to hear that

i got mine through the local Fbody performance shop, so i never dealt with Mcleod directly, and from what I hear I probably dont want to have to deal with them either, lol.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In the three years the clutch has been in the car, it's only been driven about 18K miles. I'd guess that I still have another 25K miles left on the clutch before having any issues.

The clutch definitely is holding nicely. Yesterday I rolled into first, then second, and revved pretty hard going into third and proceeded to black patch for 3-4 seconds before lifting out of the throttle. No slipping of the clutch at all, it just grabs and goes.