Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Just verify bleeding clutch for me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 12:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Just verify bleeding clutch for me?

I want to run new fluid in my clutch just to make sure theres no air in the system, I have no problems with it but when i bled my brakes, they seemed to work a bit better, so i want to do the clutch as well.

I am very confused because it seems a lot of people have problems with this when searching and there are many different methods.

Will this work or do I have to do anything else:

1- Suck out a bit of fluid from the Master cylinder up top, replace with fresh dot-3
2- Apply clutch pressure, open bleeder valve on the side of the transmission, have a tube on it to watch fluid, then close valve and lift up on pedal, repeat until the fluid is bubble free and the color is good. Keep filling up the mc as needed.

Will this work?
Old 04-20-2006, 04:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I suggest this method. Open the reservoir, get under the car and open the bleeder valve and "gravity" bleed the system. This is doing the "flush" that your wanting to perform. Make SURE that you keep the reservoir full at all times while doing this to keep from getting air into the system.

Next have a buddy get in the car and with the bleeder valve open have them push the clutch to the floor and hold it. Then you close the valve. Let the pedal come back to the top....you might have to pull it up actually. Open bleeder valve, press clutch and hold it, close bleeder valve....repeat until you get good pedal feel.

After a few cycles of this check the reservoir and keep it topped off. I recommend Valvoline Synpower. I am using it with great results.