Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Short Stick by LS Concepts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Short Stick by LS Concepts?

Im trying to figure out what shifter/stick combo i have. I pulled up the leather boot and it says. SHORT STICK by L S Concepts, and then it has part # 525024 BLK on it. Tried some searching but cant find anything about it on here? Whats the deal?

Also any idea how i can tell if i have a pro 5 0 in there? It feels really short, even shorter then just t he short stick should be in my opinion, and its kinda notchy and loud so i suspect i have the pro 5 0 but not sure. When i pull up the boot the second rubber ones covering up the goodies below. Is there a easy way to see what i have in there?
Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 PM
TECH Resident

Well i found the company, i guess the part #s changed a lil so thats why i couldnt find it. Heres a great couple pictures to show how much shorter/BETTER this setup is!

Old 04-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pro 5 0 shifters have engraved into the top plate "pro 5 0".
At least the one I installed says that..I imagine all others would as well...
Old 04-27-2006, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Well i found out the part # i had was wrong the 4 is an A ( 525024-BLK is really 52502A-BLK couldnt tell at first till i looked closer cause the stickers a lil dirty.) and its for the pro 5.0 Im trying to look down at the shifter but the bottom rubber boots in the way. Its like a gold anadozed but i cant tell the rest without pulling that bottom boot up. Im worried im gonna tear it though, any tricks to pulling that up safely? Between the shifter being specifically for the pro 5.0 and the gold shifter im fairtly certain i have the pro shifter. Its got the charecteristic notchy feeling and noiseyness i hear everyone talk about too. All signs point to pro 5.0, just wish i could see the engraving to be 110% sure.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS

Also any idea how i can tell if i have a pro 5 0 in there? It feels really short, even shorter then just t he short stick should be in my opinion, and its kinda notchy and loud so i suspect i have the pro 5 0 but not sure. When i pull up the boot the second rubber ones covering up the goodies below. Is there a easy way to see what i have in there?
If its a PRO 5.0 the baseplate would look like this:

If it doean't have that engraving, that it shouldn't be a PRO 5.0.

The LC Concepts Shorty you have there looks good, I guess most of the shift shifter kits only come with the new mechanism and not a shorter shift stick??
Old 04-27-2006, 04:01 PM
12 Second Club

The Pro 5.0 comes with a stick, but you would have to cut it down to equal the length of the "shorty" sticks.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by dailydriver
The Pro 5.0 comes with a stick, but you would have to cut it down to equal the length of the "shorty" sticks.
Okay thanks for answering that. Of course cutting it down means you would also have to rethread it for the ****, but its better than buying an whole new stick I guess
Old 04-27-2006, 04:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Okay thanks for answering that. Of course cutting it down means you would also have to rethread it for the ****, but its better than buying an whole new stick I guess
or you can cut an inch out of the middle and weld it back together. My buddy did that and it is nice and short.......hasn't snapped on him yet
Old 04-28-2006, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ninetres
or you can cut an inch out of the middle and weld it back together. My buddy did that and it is nice and short.......hasn't snapped on him yet
This all depends on just how short you need the stick to be. There is a lot of threading on this handle and you only need about a 1/4" to engage most threaded shift *****. I took an inch off of the threaded section of mine and the Hurst/SLP leather **** is just fine on there.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dailydriver
This all depends on just how short you need the stick to be. There is a lot of threading on this handle and you only need about a 1/4" to engage most threaded shift *****. I took an inch off of the threaded section of mine and the Hurst/SLP leather **** is just fine on there.
I cut my umi down an inch and it is one short ****.

Sucks with the console in, but ownz when I'm at the track or out for some late night, backroad fun.

Neutal:

It stops right against the back off the console in 2nd and 4th which sucks, but the throw is awesome.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:28 PM
12 Second Club

I dont want to hyjack this thread, but I have got to know. With those short sticks(I have the WS6 store version) do yall hit the console pulling into 2nd and 4th? I have adjusted and adjusted and cannot keep it from hitting.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Disregaur, just saw the bottom of your pic. Thanks. Glad Im not alone. Ive gotta get a MBA shifter **** cause my factory one comes down too far on the stick and hits the console even worse! I have to be too careful when shifting hard.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:12 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Mine hit the console before I re adjusted the stops on my pro 5.0, now they sit great.

Quick Reply: Short Stick by LS Concepts?