MityVac Help, quick!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MityVac Help, quick!

hey guys,

I want to bleed my clutch tonight

my mityvac isn't holding pressure?! it'll only go up to like 5hg and will only stay there if i rapidly squeeze the handle. I even plug the tube with my thumb and still the same problem????

whats wrong!
Old 05-03-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Junkie

okay, I had the line to the slave disconnected when I installed the trans, the bleeder was open. some fluid leaked out when the trans was pressed back in.

closed the bleeder and attached the master cylinder line (I did bench bleed it after I did my drill mod)

after I connected the master cylinder line to the slave, the reseivor was empty, makes sense since some was lost in the slave, only took a little bit to fill it up, so i don't believe the line was empty.

I was able to keep about 6-7hg of vac on the line while someone else slowly moved the pedal in and out. i did this by having to rapidly squeeze the handle??????? I never got up to 10hg

I did NOT get any air bubbles??? I figured i'd at least get one...

does it sound like my clutch is bled? and why the hell am i having to rapidly squeeze the trigger on the MityVac?

I took all the lines off the MV, plugged the end with my finger and it still wouldn't keep a vac??? seems like the pressure release seal is f*cked? but its brand new? first time using it?? maybe i'm a total idiot
Old 05-04-2006, 06:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have a leak somewhere. Could be an internal leak in the MityVac itself.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

yes i believe its an internal leak

i drove the car for about 10 miles, seemed fine

I haven't gotten on it yet, so maybe then I'll find out if I have air bubbles lol
Old 05-05-2006, 04:01 AM
12 Second Club

I just did mine a few minutes ago with my clutch install. You did put the tip in the hole in the bottom of the resevoir right? I hardly had any bubbles what so ever, just tiny little ones. The clutch felt fine but what was weird is that when I started it the clutch didn't come all the way up , I pressed it and it was fine since.