Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stock clutch, the 1/4 mile and honey glaze...

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Stock clutch, the 1/4 mile and honey glaze...

Only managed 3 runs today but holy mother of mercy does my car reek of burnt clutch.

I thought about it and can't recall slipping the clutch anymore than I do when going off the street. I was doing the ol bog the engine, save the clutch/rear types of launches.

First run had 0 traction. Spun 1st 2nd and 3rd to an embarassing 21 seconds... couldn't hook for half of the track...

Second run was a shoe in for 13's until I "thought" I roasted my clutch. RPM shot up and car didn't accelerate... turned out I had shifted into 3rd ON AN OIL SLICK! Track shut down for an hour after that, but it wasn't my fluids! A subsequent 4th gear shift and low speed high gear floor didn't budge the car much.

3rd run finally eeked a 13.8 but still not 100% convinced my clutch was intact I babied the launch 2.3 60 ft, and did 5500 rpm shifts... oh how I wish I could have had another chance because with how that run felt (clutch did NOT slip) I think I could have done 6krpm shifts and pulled a low 13...

Oh yeah, so I do have a question in this story.... will I be able to street drive the car again and NOT have it reek like I was riding the clutch? Almost 2 hours later of driving and I can still catch hints of clutch coming off a stop light.