Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Do I Have To Get An Adjustable Master Cylinder?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do I Have To Get An Adjustable Master Cylinder?

I Have A Stock Clutch That Is Slipping. I Have All The Parts Like Flywheel And Clutch New Slave Cylinder. Why Do You Have To Adjust It At The Master Cylinder. Can You Bleed It Somewhere Else
Old 05-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Anyone? My Car Is Down Because Of This.
Old 05-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Launching!

lol, are you typing this on your phone? I ask because all the words start with caps.

Anyway, I might not be much help but from what I have read the upgraded master allows you to adjust where your clutch pedal "grabs", and some have also said that it gives you the full capability of the clutch system, maybe more psi or somehting IDK.

If your clutch is slipping, and running a 125 shot on the stocker would do that BTW, I doubt a master is going to help. You have the regualr ls1 clutch which isn't enough for that kind of power. I think even a ls6 clutch might not be enough. Time for an new clutch.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Cheap adjustable master idea. I cut the master rod in half and used a die (spelling) I think it was 5/8's and threaded both ends and used an inch or so brass collar deal to connect them. Just loosen the collar to get more length and therefore more pressure in the master.