Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help!

Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

ok just got the tranny installed after a fresh rebuild, and ading ls7 clutch kit. now while i have it on blocks i noticed fluid seeping out from the gap between bellhouseing and the oil pan...not good. well i start the car upa nd decided to check my work on the tranny and go through the gears. i cant get the car into any gear when the car is turned on. but i can put it in gear when the car is off, then start it, and with the clutch pedal on the floor the rear tires spin in every gear, and i cant take it out of what ever gear i started the car in.
any ideas on whats wrong? any help is apreceated.
thanks in advance
brad
Old 05-21-2006, 10:12 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me. Give me a minute and I will go get my cell out of the truck.

832-488-0533

Amber
Old 05-21-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you broke your slave cylinder while installing your trans. i did that too on accident the first time i did my clutch install...that's why the fluid went everywhere and that's why you can't get it in and out of gear.
i'll be willing to bet that when you take your trans out you're gonna have a slave that looks like this...that's mine...shitty that happened.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:55 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that is what I told him when he called. It is really a common problem.

Joe
Old 05-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and it was. wasnt as bad as yours SS4matt but it wasnt nice! got a enw one got it installed and checked everything. about to go for a test drive.
id like to thank T56rebuilds.com, Joe and Amber for well everything they have done for me during this rebuild. im glad there are people like you 2 in the buisness. and if anyone ever needs reasurring send them my way you guys are top notch.
Old 05-21-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah the part of the slave that slips over the trans input shaft can easily get caugt on your clutch if you don't have it all lined up perfectly...easy thing to break....glad you got it working though!

and you're right about T56rebuilds, or any sponsor on this site really. tons of great sponsors and help! i just try to chime in where i can

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!