Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP!! Clutch wont go into gear!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Clutch wont go into gear!

I was driving on the freeway and the clutch started slipping, bad. At first it was 500rpm revs and then about 10mins later it was about 1000rpm revs ocasionally. By the time I got off the freeway and got to the first light the car hardly moved and was reving to 5k rpm to even move.

When I got it home I lost everything. 1-6 and reverse. I put the car in every gear sitting in the driveway with the clutch out and It does nothing, no stalling, nothing... just idle. The clutch petal is fine, it feels firm and doesn't stick.

What can be the problem?? I installed a spec stage 3 about 8 mo. ago and put about 1500mi on the clutch. I dropped the trans and the clutch and it doesnt look to bad. It is pretty thin but nothing that would keep it from totally not engaging at all. I dont know what could be causing this??

I replaced the Slave with a 2002 at the same time as the clutch install and the flywheel is a SPEC Steel flywheel. Any Ideas I cant figure this out. I have the new clutch SPEC sent me sitting waiting to go in, but I dont wanna throw it in till I know what the problem is. PLEASE HELP!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

is there a shim is there not a shim...pros and cons if there is no shim it can make your clutch slip if the flywheel is not thick enough! if there is a shim flywheel could be to thick call spec and ask.....they wont send you a new clutch if yours if fd up ither good luck i wont ever buy there clutches ever again i herd there in som sort of law suit for slipping clutches!
Old 05-25-2006, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Yeah I used the supplied shim. I called spec and they told me to send them my old clutch and pressure plate. They said they would look at it and didnt know what the problem was. I sent it in last week and I just recieved a new presure plate and clutch today, but still dont know what caused it. I dont want to put it in and that not be the issue.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 PM
Teching In

there might be too much shim. did you check and make sure the slave sat right? was the slave bolted tight? if the clutch is worn down just take out the shim, it wont hurt anything, it will add a bit more life. when the slave goes back on with a new clutch be SURE the shim goes on right. doesnt sound like its the tranny. good luck

Quick Reply: HELP!! Clutch wont go into gear!