Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram HD installed: 5-31-06....GREAT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:32 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ram HD installed: 5-31-06....GREAT!!!

Installed a Ram HD, Ram Billet FW, and did the drill mod on my 2001 Camaro SS today. I'm very happy so far

I used the supplied shim and it feels like it was perfect (although it looked rather thick). My mechanic also modded my GM master so that it can be adjusted....he is the man. It is set at the stock location though--felt right.

The clutch feels AMAZING. Not super heavly like I remember reading about on here. No chatter at all. Not an on/off switch....very pleasnt to drive compared to my worthless stocker.

I only have about 50 gentle miles so far....and so far so good. I will update this post as needed, and let every one know how it does at the track on the 16th......after a nice easy breakin of course.

Questions? Shoot.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck, mine lasted 12k beofre a spring came out and took out the disk and PP.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:07 AM
12 Second Club

I'm with him. Not to bum you out or anything but I got about 11k or so on mine also before the spring blew out. I was told by a guy at Ram that he has never heard of that happening before and that something was wrong with my rear end or something. Yeah RIGHT!! Good luck with your bud.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
9 Second Club

I know, I heard both of your stories (well, country boys for sure) RIGHT after I bought mine. Did both of you two LOVE the way it felt/grabbed right up until it lost a spring?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:42 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the feedback. I have been looking at that same setup for my Camaro and after hearing your review I am going to order it. I have used ram products in the past and have had good results.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I pulled the motor in my car and when i saw the Ram HD clutch plate i was PISSED. The poly coated spring was no longer poly coated and the disc was bent. I Pmed a guy from ram on her and he said i must have used a bolt to pull the transmission to the bellhousing. No, I had a lift and a tranny jack and have MUCH experience with cars. I have never had a problem out of any of the "inferior" dual friction clutches in my old cars. Screw ram ill buy a stock clutch before i buy another ram.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:30 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by triumphman
Thanks for the feedback. I have been looking at that same setup for my Camaro and after hearing your review I am going to order it. I have used ram products in the past and have had good results.
I love mine, but it seems several members have had terrible issues with the springs. Remember....I only have a few miles on mine. Even far from the breakin.