Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Whining on T-56

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whining on T-56

my tranny is whining and i have no f***ing clue why. only has 46k miles and wasnt doin it until i had a trans mount made of hyperflex, and a B&M shifter installed. wtf? why all of a sudden it wants to start whining like a bitch? any input?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by robsmith9798
my tranny is whining and i have no f***ing clue why. only has 46k miles and wasnt doin it until i had a trans mount made of hyperflex, and a B&M shifter installed. wtf? why all of a sudden it wants to start whining like a bitch? any input?
If the B&M replaced the stock shifter, then the lack of the rubber isolator my just be propagating more sound into the passenger compartment. This happened to me when I changed the stock handle (and isolator) to a "short-stick." More noise, but it wasn't hellish. Beyond that, is the fluid level OK?
Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fran D
If the B&M replaced the stock shifter, then the lack of the rubber isolator my just be propagating more sound into the passenger compartment. This happened to me when I changed the stock handle (and isolator) to a "short-stick." More noise, but it wasn't hellish. Beyond that, is the fluid level OK?
I agree.

When you take away stock sound-absorbing components, more noise enters the cabin. Put the stock stuff back on and I guarantee the noise will cease. You've either got to live with it, or go back to stock.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,393 Likes on 879 Posts

The fancy hyperflex mount isn't helping either.

Andrew
Old 06-04-2006, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

It's nothing to worry about. You'll eventually get use to it.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

yea tru. i juss looked at the stock shifter and moved it around. the bushing does look like it would kill the sounds/vibrations. but what about the hyperflex tranny mount? will that cause possible damage to the tranny due to stiff vibrations? should i put the oem factory mount back on?