Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hurst Billet Short Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hurst Billet Short Shifter

So i installed the skip-shift eliminator today which was a pain in the *** cause its hard to get your hands in there to plug the thing in. But after a while i got it in and it worked thankfully. Next was the shifter. I took everything apart carefully and took the shifter off. unbolted the mount for the shifter and realized the new one doesnt fit. When i ordered from Jegs they have the corvette 6 speed which i ordered, and another part that said V6 camaro... I went with the corvette cause i knew it was the same trans but i guess the mounting is different. So now im sending the unit back and getting the one that fits hopefully putting it in next week sometime. what a pain to take everything off and put it back together for no reason!!! hahaha
Old 06-08-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks man, dont worry, youre shifting will feel better soon!
Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lemonhead
So ... I went with the corvette cause i knew it was the same trans but i guess the mounting is different. So now im sending the unit back and getting the one that fits hopefully putting it in next week sometime. what a pain to take everything off and put it back together for no reason!!! hahaha
Depends on which Corvette...'98 up 'Vettes have the tranny in the rear, with the axles sticking out of it so the shifter is bound to be different.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Th evette T56 shifter is mounted remote on the torque tube. The f-car V6 T5 and the T56 6 speed shifters are also both different.... as are the T56 GTO, T56 CTS-V...nearly all applications have their own shifter so this is not a qwirk just life . Gotta shop smarter.