Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Cruise Control.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control.

I just had my clutch and master cylinder replaced. Now my cruise control is not working. I had this happen once in a Tempo I had a trans replaced and they forgot to reconnect it. Basically I'm trying to avoid taking the car back if it's a simple connection that needs to be replugged in. I checked the fuses and the trans and everything seems to be plugged in. Does anybody know of a specific plug related to the cruise control that I may be missing? As a side note my check engine light is on for a bad cat, I doubt it's related but you never know these days with these computers.
Old 06-10-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Check your nuetral safety switch. Its the little white plug/switch that is pushed in when the clutch pedal is all the way up. My Cruise stopped working for a while once and then I adjusted the switch and viola cruise control back on. You pretty much just unconnect the connector/wires from the switch, rotate the whole thing until it comes down a bit further and when the clutch comes up to the top it fully pushes the switch in. It will be pretty self explanitory when you get down there. If thats your problem you should have it fixed in about 5 minutes. Since they changed your master cylinder, your clutch pedal might not be coming up as far as it did before. Good Luck.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Staging Lane

98Blubrd, you hit the nail on the head. I adjusted the switch and once again have cruise, thanks for the help.