Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Stuck in 5th T56 Tranny Please Help

Old 06-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Stuck in 5th T56 Tranny Please Help

It all started yesterday.Coming off an exit ramp my car got stuck in 6th gear, but came out after a second or so...then a few minutes later I was in a friends driveway and went to back out and the car felt hesitant to back up and reverse was grinding a little like it wasnt fully engaged or something, well I eventually just stuck the car in neutal and rolled on out the driveway and played around with 1st for a minute and it wasnt doing it anymore..So this morning on my way out I went to turn onto a rd and I was slowing down and went to take it out of 5th and it was stuck and would not budge whatsoever...Then finally it came out of gear after about 10 minutes of messing around with clutch/shifter..Drove it to my gf's house and almost got stuck in 5th again on the way there so I kept it in 4th ..and then I get home and was messing around with it some more stuck it in 5th and it is now definately stuck again. It even gets stuck in neutral when moving shifter over to go to 5th and 6th and reverse area..Has this happened to anyone else before and if so what could cause this..1st-4th is fine..only when it gets into 5th's " area" is it acting up..Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks
Old 06-19-2006, 10:21 PM
wrencher

Well you have to pull the trans.
It likely broke a slider key in the 5/6 sycrho assembly, that why it gets 'stuck'.
Happens to 3/4 also. The only think you can do it disassemble & inspect the trans for worn damaged parts.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Smile

thanks

Search this Thread