Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

can i get just a clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question can i get just a clutch?

ok so my ram hd clutch is going out, i didn't put it in there, the prev. owner did... i need to know what i can get to put back in there. I want a LS7 clutch, but the flywheel is new and I'd hate to have to put another new one in there, i don't want to get another ram clutch or a spec. i was looking at centerforce but the only one they have i'm interested in requires that i change out the pressure plate, master and throwout bearing... is this something i'm going to have to do with any new clutch, or is it possible to just buy the clutch and nothing else? i'm putting about 400 down the wheels right now, and i'd like it to be fairly streetable.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the LS7 clutch kit with new flywheel. Sell your RAM flywheel. If your car is got fairly high milage I would get a new slave which comes with a throwout bearing in it, not seperately. Also a new pilot bearing & that should be all you need.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as a matter of fact it has a relatively new adjustable master cylinder, however i barely know what the master cylinder does, let alone an adjustable one, can someone help me out with this?