Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Synchros Out????

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default T56 Synchros Out????

Hey I have 98 Ls1 with an M6 T56 manual tranny. I believe my syncrhos are going because when the clutch is fully engaged I can still get a scratchy grindy shift from second to third this normally happens at higher rpms b/w the two shifts. All the other guys are fine but for some reason 2 to 3 is a straight bitch. If im rolling at 40 in second and just shifting real fast from 2 to 3 w/o even realeasing the clutch it will grind and not allow the shift until about a second delay. Whats the deal and my cheapest alternatives cuz Im 19 and dont have a "real" job yet but just the usual college job. Thanks for all replies!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can pull the tranny yourself you can talk to the guys on here T56rebuilders.com.
I have the exact same problem you are having and its not even as bad what yours seems to be, and im payin right at 900 to get everything fixed. Which sucks but thats the best price your gonna find around the houston area and thats if you can pull the tranny yourself. Otherwise your lookin over a grand easy anywhere else you go or unless you know somebody to chop the labor down a bit but that is what i found out atleast.

Quick Reply: T56 Synchros Out????