Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

M6 Shifting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default M6 Shifting Problem

Ok here is my problem. I've got a 99 WS6 with a manual 6 speed transmission. I seem to have a kind of locking or jamming issue every once in a while. It only happens when I hit above 5k or so RPM's then try to shift. I literally have to jam or yank the shifter **** in order for it to shift. I make sure I'm depressing the clutch all the way and still the same problem. Also it has become dangerous because in the downshifts sometimes it will get stuck in neutral and I can't shift at all! I have to wait for the RPM's to go down while vigorously pumping the clutch in order to get it back into a gear. What do you think the problem could be? Clutch, trans or shifter? Something else?...

Thanks
Old 06-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Staging Lane

im having the same problem....but it dosent sound that bad.....it shifts great when im just normally driving it.....but if i race it, at high rpm's its hard as hell to get into gear...very hard......the things im gonna do to try and fix it is buy a new shifter, becasue mine was cut.....do a tranny flush, then im going to bleed the lines
Old 06-22-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Bleed the lines, and change the tranny fluid and that should fix it. If not then do the drill mod.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:45 AM
TECH Regular

Default Will try

I have installed a short-throw B & M shifter already. It's been there for a while. When I installed it, it was fine. Buf after a while I started to notice this problem. I don't think it has to do with the shifter itself. I will bleed the lines and replace the trans fluid. Sounds like a valid solution.

Nick
Old 06-23-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That should do the trick! Just bleed it good, and if it had air in it before it will feel like a new tranny.

Quick Reply: M6 Shifting Problem