Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help- clutch problem

Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help- clutch problem

to start off, my clutch is a spec3 been in the car for a little over 2yrs, prolly 40k miles or so on it, never has gave me any problem until 2 days ago.

i changed my tranny, 2 days ago, i fuct-up my syncros and rev. gear or something. i found a pretty good deal on a used tranny from another member. he said it has the 01-02 slave on. so i put it in and i couldn't get my big *** hands in the right spot to bleed it, figures i'd try it out to see if it would move. the clutch would engage about a 1/2 inch from the top of the peddle. worked fine unless you tried to blip the gass or anything it would slip, took it easy and drove it about 4-5 miles home.
i take it today to pep boys and have them service it, they were the only ones who could get it in today, charged me $109 that was for one hour of labor.
anyway, it still does it, but worse now, just barely givinig it gas now and it lets loose. i don't want to take it back to them b/c something tells me the guy doesn't know what he is doing. my clutch worked fine before, wouldn't let loose for **** and now it's like nothing.
it did sit for about 2 weeks with no tranny in it. when i swaped them we didn't mess with the clutch at all.
i plan on taking it in the morning to the same place that put my clutch in, and see what they think, unless i find something out here.
any thoughts and/or sugestions will be appricated.

hopefully i will be going back to pep boys with a recipt from another shop and getting my money back.
thanks again
Old 07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
On The Tree

anybody??, maybe it needs to be bled again........hopefully!!?
Old 07-06-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would keep bleeding, sucks you actually took something to pepboys, I think is my car was on fire, I would not even pull in there for some water, most of those guys are bums. doubt you'll see your money, b/c they will be like, oh you should have bought it back, so we could f it up more for yeh. Try the mighty vac method, it works well, if you have the actual mighty vac, my actoin brake bleeder did nothing yesterday(just put in a new master. Also takes a long time, about literally 600-700 clutch pumps. take some brakes and you all of a sudden get a better engagement. good luck

link to what I did first.

change the fluid if you did not before
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/buschm...utchbleed.html
Old 07-06-2006, 11:55 PM
On The Tree

thanks for the reply daryl2cb, i talked to a guy that i know and he said he had a t/a and took it too a pepboys for them to bleed his. said he wlked around for about 30min and went to check on it and it was in the parking lot. he goes to pay for it and they told him there was no charge, b/c they didn't do anything. they told him it was a self bleeding clutch !!! he said he looked at them like they were stooopid, they returned the look and he got his keys and walked out. he had done the drill mod and couldn't bleed his.

i wish i had known about pepboys b4 i went there for maint. anyway!!!! the only thing i'v ever bought there is air freshner and oil and some cleaning suplies.

i hope that is what it is, i got to get up and take it to a shop in the AM. thanks. i'll post up what happens.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

they bled it and said that i need a new clutch, it just weird to me, clutch is fine, change tranny = clutch is bad WTF, but it did get a little better after they fuct with it......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help- clutch problem