Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

No hydraulic pressure after bleed! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No hydraulic pressure after bleed! HELP!

Ok, I've done the full 3 man bleed method on my 99 WS6. I've gone through about 1/2 bottle of DOT-3 brake fluid. There is still no pressure buildup for the clutch!!! WTF?! I have a brand new Centerforce clutch, new slave cylinder and I have someone pump clutch slowly about 10 times then I crack the bleeder for a few seconds then close it while he is holding the pedal down. Then I rinse repeat for about 30 minutes and nothing! I also have one other person keeping the master topped off with fluid to make sure no air gets in the lines...are there any other tricks I'm missing? I don't think a mity-vac is gonna fix this issue. I did not replace the master when I replaced the slave a clutch so...could the master be the culprit? Also, when the clutch pedal is released slowly it sounds like it's trying to take up fluid like a low gurgling sound but still nothing. HELP!!!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just had this problem thursday, you need to remove the slave cylinder and bench bleed it, the way it is attached to the firewall traps air in it, you probably ran the resovoir empty by accident like I did
Old 07-08-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Regular

Default Thoroughly confused...

Ok, now I'm totally confused on the "bleeding" process. I have heard different people post the CORRECT way to bleed is to 1. Depress cluch pedal and hold. 2. Crack bleeder screw. 3. Close bleeder screw. 4. Pump and repeat. On the other hand I hear people say it's the opposite that holding the pedal down won't release air from the line so what you have to do is 1. Crack bleeder screw. 2. Pump pedal. 3. Close bleeder screw. 4. Pump and repeat. WHICH IS THE CORRECT WAY?!

Thanks
Old 07-08-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they will bolth work, but trust me you will need to bench bleed your master the SAME thing happenned to me two days before the way the thing is angled on the firewall traps the air in it... its not that hard to remove as long as you got some skinny forearms lol
Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

will a mity vac elliminate the bench bleed of the master?
Old 07-19-2006, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just use a might vac. Mine wouldn't engauge at all after install & after (2) 15 min. sessions with the mighty vac by myself, it is perfect.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

I had the same thing and when I did the drill mod I cleaned everything out - reservoir, drained the master cylinder, new slave, and I didn't bench bleed a thing. I used the MityVac method and within 10 minutes all was good.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Default Mity Vac worked

As an update, I took it to the local mechanic who had a mity-vac, he hooked it up to the master, pump the air through it and out, pumped the clutch and VOILA he was done in less than 5 minutes. I was sooo pissed and sooo happy at the same time. He didn't even charge me. I had tried so desperately to to the clutch pump, crack bleeder etc method but nothing worked. Go Go MITY-VAC!!!