Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Why cant i get the slave cylinder hose back in

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Why cant i get the slave cylinder hose back in

i know its a dumb question but doesnt it want to go back in. taking it out was no problem pushing the plastic in to get it out, but now i cant the fitting back in?
Old 07-17-2006, 11:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

open the slave bleeder valve a bit, then plug it back in. Close bleeder, bleed clutch.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOL I have the answer

Dude you are having the EXACT same problem I had when I did my clutch. I tried every trick in the book and nothing worked. Bleeding the line to relieve pressure, new slave cylinder, checking the teeth on the internal ring inside the slave hose fitting. Blah blah blah. ALL IT WAS WAS THE GODDAMN O-RING! Make sure that thing is absolutely the PERFECT size or else no go. I mean within a micro millimeter. Go get yourself a dozen or so random size O-rings and you'll find one that fits snug and won't leak fluid. You'll be grabbing gears in no time.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep I just went through the same thing. For me it was the little fitting inside the slave that I had to make sure was grabing the hose. I had to really push hard for the little ring to grab the hose. I was ready to buy a brand new slave cylinder. Just stick with it and you will get it to catch. You may have to push really hard though.