Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LS7 Clutch Problems

Old 07-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS7 Clutch Problems

After installing the new clutch i have a problem getting into reverse. When we first got finished it would not go into reverse at all after letting it sit for a couple of days i got back in it and it went with a little bit of force but still not the same as it was before.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

mine is having a similar prolem. It goes into reverse just fine when car isn't on and when the car is on it's hard to push the car into reverse. Though I am noticing that after a few days it is starting to lighten up a bit and it is not so hard to put it into gear. This I guess could of been caused because I didn't put a new slave cylinder in but I couldn't afford 300 more dollars to rip apart my clutch and reinstall it So with any luck I won't have any problems. My suggestion is drive it around some more and see if it doesn't fix itself. My clutch lightened up alot after about 80 miles. I mean alot. So things should get better for ya. If they don't you may have to have some work done.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

mine was the same exact way drive it i drove mine and pumped the tar out of hte pedal and it fixied itself within 30 miles
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

it did the clutch and updated hydrolics and i dident have any problems.

make sure its bled good also
Old 07-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by bad6as
it did the clutch and updated hydrolics and i dident have any problems.

make sure its bled good also

we did bleed it for about 30 min using the traditional method with three people and the pedal got a lot better but still no easier to get into reverse im thinking that there is still some air in the line somewhere. Would it eventually work all of the air out just by driving around or would i have to keep bleeding some more?
Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine in & it wouldn't go into gear at all, but then we busted out the mighty vac & its better than when I bought the car.
Old 07-19-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i had this problem too....i started with reverse very ahrd to get it in then it was becoming harder to shift also i tried bleeding it with he mighty vac didnt do anyhing so i replaced he cluch master...and havent looked back works great now
Old 07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
12 Second Club

Ive had this problem a few times. Basically it means that your clutch probably isnt fully disengaging. Few things to try, bleed again, new master cylinder (i learned this the hard way), maybe a new slave? How is it going from say 1st to 2nd. 2nd to 3rd? Smooth? hard to get into gear?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Justin01SS
Ive had this problem a few times. Basically it means that your clutch probably isnt fully disengaging. Few things to try, bleed again, new master cylinder (i learned this the hard way), maybe a new slave? How is it going from say 1st to 2nd. 2nd to 3rd? Smooth? hard to get into gear?

its just as smooth as can be. it seems like once the car gets warmed up its a lot easier. i just dont understand how the other gears can be perfect except for reverse.

Search this Thread