Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny/Clutch Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny/Clutch Problems.

yesterday as i was taking a lil ride i get on it a lil bit from 20 mph i start spinning, so i shift into 2nd and it stops. i go into 3rd and get it to about 100mph and shut it down. as i let off, the car starts vibrating very badly. all of a sudden i'm having trouble getting it back into gear. at first i though i broke the posi unit, but after investigating it only turned out to be the u joint. we fix that get the driveshaft back in and test drive it. The vibrating is now gone but of course the shifting problem wouldnt be fixed. from a dead stop and the clutch all the way to the floor, the shifter will barely go in and the car wants to start easing forward. when i start going from a complete stop, you can kinda hear the clutch slipping. Shifting into higer gears is a pain, you have to jerk it into gear. but down shifting isnt a problem. I talked to a friend and he said it could be the slave cylinder. What do yall think?
Old 08-05-2006, 08:26 PM
wrencher

Sounds like its time to upgrade the hydraulic system. You can do the drill mod & flush/bleed the fluid out & see if that helps first. But your gonna need to uprade sooner or later anyway.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Teching In

it has the uprgraded one in it from a 2001.