Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help removing the piolit bearing please

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help removing the piolit bearing please

on my 2000 T.A. i blew the clutch out anyways i was getting ready to put it back together and the piolit bearing wont come out...i've tried a slide hammer, packing with grease and tapping on it, tried threadding it, **** i even tack welded the bearing to the slide hammer and the weld broke instead of moving the bearing. anyone have any ideas on how to get the damn thing out? or any advise. Thanks in advance
Old 08-12-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn you have tried all I would have done. When you used the slide hammer, were you using that little tool that grabs from behind the pilot bearing? If so, I would be tempted to use something with a little more force. Maybe a car tied to a rope and ie it to the slide hammer. rofl. Hell I dont know it might work. If not, I recomend getting that tool. Also, maybe it might help to heat it up. Actually that would probably help alot. And also when you packed it full of grease, did you make sure there was NO air in it? Cause air obviously compresses real good, and grease does not. That is the concept. the grease trick is how I got mine out on my camaro. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't do the grease trick or the wet toilet paper trick, you might regret it. What's the slide hammer problem? Is it just not budging or you can't get a grip on the bearing? Maybe take a Dremel to it carefully and cut the bitch out of there.

Quick Reply: help removing the piolit bearing please