Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec 4 clutch is in - The question now is...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Spec 4 clutch is in - The question now is...

Just recently had a spec 4 clutch installed in my 94 z28. All I can say is that this is a awesome clutch. Pedal feel is just like the stock. Anyways I was told to break this clutch in 400 miles before I start getting on it. Does it really take 400 miles to break the clutch in?? Once I put exactly 400 miles on the clutch I can start getting on it correct or do I have to wait till all the chattering goes away first. Also should I try and downshift allot more to help break the clutch in?? Members here with the spec 4 - how much miles did you break in your clutch and how long did it last. Cause I know if you dont break them in right they will not last long - But 400 miles of easy driving
Old 08-15-2006, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i was gonna start a thread about the same thing bcuz i jus had my spec stage 3 and aluminum flywheel installed yesterday and it wants to grab so hard i jus can't wait till i can get on it.... my mechanic had told me that he thinks 2-300 miles wood be fine bcuz where i live in Cali there's a **** load of traffic everywhere ya go and he thinks they based that 400-500 miles on someone that drives in alabama... im determined to get 500mi tho jus to be safe... i got my car back yesterday at five or six and iv'e already got about 100mi. of city driving lol
Old 08-15-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default re:

Originally Posted by DropTopFireChKn
ya i was gonna start a thread about the same thing bcuz i jus had my spec stage 3 and aluminum flywheel installed yesterday and it wants to grab so hard i jus can't wait till i can get on it.... my mechanic had told me that he thinks 2-300 miles wood be fine bcuz where i live in Cali there's a **** load of traffic everywhere ya go and he thinks they based that 400-500 miles on someone that drives in alabama... im determined to get 500mi tho jus to be safe... i got my car back yesterday at five or six and iv'e already got about 100mi. of city driving lol
Me too I put about 150 miles on it already since Monday. I think I'm going to put the 500 miles on it also just to be safe. Kinda sucks you have to put that many miles on with no full throttle. But it's defently worth it after that - Mike