Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC 3 most likely gone

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 10:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC 3 most likely gone

Last Wednesday I was at the track and my car did ok until the last pass I made. It was sounding like my cluth or something was slipping but wasn't sure. On the way home I tried to pick up speed and my rpms went up but I did not gain any real speed. Since then I have driven it once and it does the same thing I am planning on pulling the tranny today to see what happened. I was slipping the clutch some since I am still running a stock 10 bolt I figured it would go before the clutch did but hey guess not. lol If anyone has had anything similar happen let me know I would kinda like to get an idea to if I should even bother getting the SPEC 3 replaced if it is bad and deemed my fault or just get the SPEC 3+. I am planning on sticking with spec for now because I am going to go to an auto soon enough.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Ok well this was kina weird. I pulled the cluth and for some reason my pilot bearing just popped out I don't know if that could have had anything to do with my clutch not working but the pads on the cluth wore unevenly. What could cause that?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is the pilot bearing broken too? That will cause uneven wear on a clutch and kill it.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:55 AM
10 Second Club

The piolt bearing is in one peice but there is pitting on the outside and the inner portion slides out just a little bit.